Maryland Marketing Partnership, founded in statute as the Maryland Public-Private Partnership Marketing Corporation, was created to develop a branding strategy for the state, market the state’s assets and encourage the location and growth of new businesses in Maryland.
Board members represent various state regions – from Western Maryland to the Eastern Shore – in the areas of business, economic development, labor, non-profit organizations, marketing and advertising, and public relations and communications.
- Chair: Karen Cherry
- Vice Chair: Laura Van Eperen, CEO, Van Eperen
- Executive Director: Tom Riford, Assistant Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Secretary: Aaron Tomarchio, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Tradepoint Atlantic
Treasurer: Leonard Raley, President and CEO, University System of Maryland Foundation
- Julian Boykin, President of A.C.E., LLC.
Henry Fawell, Founder and President, Campfire Communications
- Justin Meighan, International Representative and Assistant Regional Manager, LiUNA!
Captain Eric Nielsen, President, Association of Maryland Pilots
- Stuart Page, Manager, Economic Development, Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Tom Sadowski, Vice Chancellor of Economic Development, University System of Maryland
- Kelly Schulz, Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Angela Sweeney, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Peterson Companies
Senator Cheryl Kagan (District 17; appointed by Senate President)
Delegate Kris Valderrama (District 26; appointed by House Speaker)
Assistant Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
401 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
- September 30, 2021, 2:30 p.m. via Conference Call Agenda
- June 15, 2021, 2 p.m. via Conference Call Agenda
- March 24, 2021, 2:30 p.m. via Conference Call Agenda | Minutes
- December 10, 2020, 3 p.m. via Conference Call Agenda | Minutes
- September 9, 2020, 2:30 p.m. via Conference Call Minutes.
- April 20, 2020, 12:30 p.m. via Conference Call Agenda | Minutes.
- December 5, 2019, 1:30 p.m.Minutes. Sagamore Pendry Baltimore, 1715 Thames Street – 3rd Floor, Baltimore, MD.
- August 29, 2019, 1 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. World Trade Center, 401 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD
- May 16, 2019, 2 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. McCormick, Hunt Valley, MD
- February 15, 2019, 1 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. 45 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
- December 14, 2018, 1 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. MedImmune AstraZeneca, Gaithersburg, MD.
- September 14, 2018, 2 p.m.
Agenda |Minutes. The Bygone, 400 International Drive, Baltimore, MD.
- February 16, 2018, 2 p.m.Agenda |
Minutes. Governor's Reception Room, State House, 1 State Circle, Annapolis, MD.
- January 25, 2018, 2 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. Via Conference Call.
- December 8, 2017, 2 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. Tradepoint Atlantic, 1600 Sparrows Point Blvd., Edgemere, MD 21219.
- September 15, 2017, 2 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. Rye Street Tavern, 225 East Cromwell Street, Baltimore, MD.
- June 15, 2017, 2 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. World Trade Center, 401 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD.
- January 27, 2017, 1 p.m.
Agenda |Minutes. Governor’s Reception Room, State House, 1 State Circle, Annapolis, MD
- November 7, 2017, 4 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. Via conference call.
- October 25, 2017, 1 p.m.Agenda |Minutes. National Harbor, 165 Waterfront Street National Harbor, MD.
For a full detailed list of all of the companies partnering with MMP, please visit