The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee Maryland Commerce's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
View archive MEDC photos on our Flickr page.
Dr. Margaret Wood, PMP; President/CEO, WOOD Consulting Services, Inc
Margaret Wood, President and CEO of WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. has led a distinguished career as a computer scientist, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and teacher. She graduated from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore with a B.S. in Computer Science and later received her M.S. from The Johns Hopkins University and D.A. from George Mason University. In addition to building an award-winning company, Dr. Wood is a teacher and author with expertise in government contracting, systems engineering, and corporate leadership. She also gives back to the community by mentoring the next generation of women leaders and prioritizing philanthropic initiatives.
Ed Coleman; Board Member, Ameren
Ed Coleman currently serves as a member of the board of directors of Ameren Corporation. He was previously Executive Chairman of CIOX Health, a health information management firm, from November 2018 through December 2019, and Chief Executive Officer of CIOX Health from May 2016 to June 2017. Mr. Coleman served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Unisys Corporation from October 2008 to December 2014. He previously served as Chief Executive Officer of Gateway, Inc., from 2006 to 2008, as Senior Vice President and President of Enterprise Computing Solutions at Arrow Electronics from 2005 to 2006, and as Chief Executive Officer of CompuCom Systems, Inc., from 1999 to 2004 and as Chairman of the Board from 2001 to 2004. Earlier in his career, he held various leadership positions at Computer Sciences Corporation and IBM Corporation.
Ed graduated from William & Mary with a B.A. in Economics and received an MBA from Indiana University. He and his wife and their three children live in Annapolis.
Additional MEDC Members
- Kenneth R. Banks; President, CEO and Founder, Banks Contracting Company, Inc.
- Susan Chambers, President/CEO, Strouse
- Augie Chiasera, Regional President, M&T Bank
- Kai Hirabayashi; Senior Manager of Public Policy, Amazon
- Arnold Jablon, Formerly with Venable, LLP
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Gwen McCall, President, F&L Construction and Solid Waste, LLC
- Aris Melissaratos; Vice President of Corporate Education & Leadership Development, St. John Properties
- Michael Miller, President, OGOS Energy, LLC
- Laura Neuman; Entrepreneur
- Melissa Noel, CEO, Noel's Fire Protection, LLC
- Jeanette Glose Partlow; President, Maryland Chemical Company, Inc.
- Leon Pinkett, III, Executive Director, Baltimore Arts Realty Corporation (BARCO)
- Saif Rehman, PhD, CEO, NextGen Consulting, Inc.
- Elizabeth Rendón-Sherman; CEO/CFO, LG-TEK
- Gary Ruddell, CEO, President, Total Biz Fulfillment, Inc.
- Shawn Salta, President & COO, DirectMail.com
- Eugene Silverman, PhD, Founder and President, Berkeley Springs Instruments
- Geoffrey Turner, President/CEO, Choptank Transport, Inc.
- Robert L. Wallace; President and CEO, BITHGROUP Technologies
- Kevin A. Anderson, Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Brian J. Feldman, Senate, District 15, Montgomery County
- Brian Crosby, Delegate, District 29B, St. Mary's County
Portia Wu, Secretary, Maryland Department of Labor
Tom Sadowski, Executive Director of Maryland Economic Development Corporation (MEDCO)
Troy LeMaile-Stovall, CEO, Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO)
Julie Woepke, Executive Director
Maryland Economic Development Commission
Office of the Secretary
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
- December 13, 2022 - 12:00PM - 2:00PM
Governor's Reception Room
100 State Circle
Note: Some locations and times are to be determined.
- August 16, 2022
- May 11, 2022
- February 15, 2022
- November 16, 2021
September 13, 2021
June 14, 2021
March 26, 2021
December 14, 2020
July 27, 2020
May 8, 2020
March 9, 2020
December 9, 2019
September 17, 2019
June 13, 2019
March 15, 2019
December 6, 2018
May 31, 2018
March 1, 2018
December 13, 2017
October 19, 2017
May 9, 2017
March 1, 2017
December 2, 2016
- September 13, 2016