Soft Landing for Foreign Companies
Are you a foreign company looking for an opportunity to explore the U.S. market before going “all-in?” Check out the Maryland Soft Landing Program.
The Maryland Global Gateway initiative, a soft landing program, provides international companies with the opportunity to test out the U.S. market at an affordable rate. Soft Landing program partners (see full list here) provide participating companies with access to facilities, resources, advisors, and more.
Features of Maryland’s Global Gateway programs include:
Allow a foreign company to land up to two staff at a time for up to six months, at a business office facility where they are able to “plug and play” and have access to the facility amenities, such as internet and conference rooms. All listed soft landing programs provide these costs for up to six months at a reduced monthly rate.
Provide access, during the six month soft landing period, to relevant learning, networking, and mentoring services offered by the facility that would typically be included for long-term members. All soft landing programs provide at least two out of the following five types of services:
- Educational programs/training on various business topics
- Networking events
- Funding for participants
- Strategic partnerships or other special programs
- Access to mentors, advisors, or entrepreneurs-in-residence
At least five targeted matchmaking meetings with companies and/or organizations in Maryland.
- Assistance with business registration and navigating state regulations.
- Many soft landing programs offer additional services or features. Please check with the individual programs listed below to learn more about the offerings of each program.
Companies must be legally registered as a business in their home country
- Companies must have been in existence for at least one year as of the application date
- Companies must have at least 5 full-time, non-founder employees
- Companies must have a total sales revenue of at least $500,000 in the prior year
- Companies must have an agreement with a Global Gateway partner organization to receive funds. If you are not already in contact with a partner organization, please complete the application and Commerce will work with you to identify one.
Application of Interest
Applications are currently not being accepted.
Global Gateway soft landing programs are available at the following institutions throughout Maryland:
Click below for a breakdown of services, specialties, locations, and more for the organizations offering Soft Landing programs in Maryland.
For more information about this program, please contact Paul Beatty, Director of Foreign Direct Investment, at
Soft Landing for Maryland Companies
The Global Gateway program is also supporting Maryland companies, as reciprocal agreements for programs in other countries to facilitate Maryland exporters to explore new markets abroad are also available. We have over 15 active partnerships, so please contact
Paul Beatty, Director of Foreign Direct Investment, at email@example.com.