This interest-free, micro bridge loan program and fund supports the operations of nonprofit entities. The program is administered by the Maryland Department of Commerce ("Commerce").
Watch the video below to learn more about the program and meet recipients of the financing.
The program provides short-term financing support to qualifying nonprofit entities between the award date of a government contract and the actual receipt date of those awarded funds.
Nonprofits receiving NIMBL funding must be located in the State and determined by the Internal Revenue Service to be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c) (3), (4), or (6) under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Nonprofit entity must provide written confirmation from the government entity of funding from government grants or contracts but have not yet received funding.
- Loans cannot exceed $25,000.
- Repayment of the Loan must be no later than the date of the final grant or contract payment to the nonprofit entity.
- Loan funds may be used for operating expenses only.
Eligible nonprofits should contact
firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Completed applications should be submitted to
email@example.com and are reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis. They must include the following documents and information:
- IRS Determination Letter
- Good Standing Certificate from the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation and the Maryland Secretary of State
- Articles of Incorporation & By-Laws
- Written confirmation of funding from awarding government or contract entity
- Current Fiscal Year Budget
- Previous Year's Budget vs. Expenditures
- Most Recent Annual Report & Financial Statements
- Fully executed copy of the Government Grant or contract
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Program
The state of Maryland requires all contractors to be registered to receive state payments by electronic funds transfer (EFT) before any contract exceeding $200,000 is approved by the Maryland Board of Public Works. Additionally, all vendors are encouraged to register to be paid electronically. The State has the ability to process vendor payments electronically using the CCD and CCD+ and CTX payment formats.
The CCD+ payment format will contain summarized information and will not provide details concerning each invoice amount included in the check total. However, vendors may obtain the detailed information on an electronic payment via the One Stop Vendor Payment Inquiry System. The CTX payment format will contain the total payment amount and details concerning each invoice amount included in the check total.
Vendors must contact their bank in order to receive the CTX format, and the depositing bank may charge a fee for this format. Vendors need to discuss potential charges with their bank. If you want to receive all payments from the State using the Electronic Funds Transfer program, complete and submit form GADX-10 (fax or mail.)Fax: 410-974-2309Mailing address:EFT RegistrationGeneral Accounting DivisionP.O. Box 746Annapolis MD 21404-0746
To learn more about NIMBL and request an application form, contact:
Program Manager, Office of Finance