The Board's mission is to guide activities to develop and market the state as a destination. Created in 1993, the Board includes hospitality industry executives from attraction, retail, food service, transportation and lodging sectors. Board members are appointed by the Governor.
Judy Bixler is co-owner and captain of the oldest privately-owned ferry in the U.S. – the Oxford Bellevue Ferry which is located in Oxford, MD. In 1999, she was captain of a 40-foot sailing vessel and in 2000 was a ferry crew member, accumulating sea time for a Coast Guard captain’s license. Judy has been president of the Oxford Bellevue Ferry since 2001.
- Adolph Ebersberger, Jr.; Insurance and Financial Specialist (Retired)
- G. Hale Harrison; Vice President of Operations & Real Estate, Harrison Group Resort Hotels
- Casey Jenkins; Executive Chef/Owner, Birdland Sports Bar & Grill
- Cara Hergan Joyce; Owner, Urban Pirates
- Michael James; President & COO, Hospitality Partners
- Candace Breland Osunsade; SVP, Chief Administrative Officer, National Aquarium
- Alexandra Lyn von Paris; Founder & CEO, Route One Apparel
- Dan Spedden; President, Hagerstown-Washington County CVB
- Senator James N. Mathias, Jr.
- Pat Nutter, Former Calvert County Commissioner
- William C. Ferguson Senator, District 46, Maryland State Senate
- Wendell R. Beitzel; Delegate, District 1A, Maryland House of Delegates
- Katie Fry-Hester, Senator, District 9, Maryland State Senate
, Office of Tourism and Film
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street, 1461
Baltimore, MD 21202