This interest-free, micro bridge loan program and fund supports the operations of nonprofit entities. The program is administered by the
Maryland Nonprofit Development Center and the Maryland Department of Commerce ("Commerce").
The program provides short-term financing support to qualifying nonprofit entities between the award date of a government contract and the actual receipt date of those awarded funds.
Nonprofits receiving NIMBL funding must be located in the State and determined by the Internal Revenue Service to be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c) (3), (4), or (6) under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Nonprofit entity must provide written confirmation from the government entity of funding from government grants or contracts but have not yet received funding.
- Loans cannot exceed $25,000.
- Repayment of the Loan must be no later than the date of the final grant or contract payment to the nonprofit entity.
- Loan funds may be used for operating expenses only.
Eligible nonprofits should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com and are reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis. They must include the following documents and information:
- IRS Determination Letter
- Good Standing Certificate from the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation and the Maryland Secretary of State
- Articles of Incorporation & By-Laws
- Written confirmation of funding from awarding government or contract entity
- Current Fiscal Year Budget
- Previous Year's Budget vs. Expenditures
- Most Recent Annual Report & Financial Statements
- Fully executed copy of the Government Grant or contract
To learn more about NIMBL and request an application form, contact:
Program Manager, Office of Finance