The mission of the Maryland Manufacturing Advisory Board is to advise the Maryland Secretary of Commerce on ways to encourage new and expanding manufacturing enterprises in Maryland, reporting to the Governor and General Assembly accordingly.
MMAB Chair Brian Briggs and Maryland Commerce Secretary Kelly Schulz (left); MMAB members tour Vulcan Food Equipment during their March 2019 meeting. Click here for more photos.
Brian D. Briggs is President of TIC Gums, Inc. after previously serving on the Board of Directors and holding positions of COO and CFO. Mr. Briggs has more than 25 years of financial and operations experience in profitably building companies in both the public and private equity sectors, with a focus on operational excellence and M&A activity.
Prior to TIC, he was the CFO of Cyren, a leading international Internet security firm and worked with Sterling Capital Partners as Executive Vice President and CFO of portfolio company, SecureNet, a payment processing technology provider. Mr. Briggs also served as Executive Vice President and CFO of Custom Direct, Inc. leading the company through a series of acquisitions and an eventual IPO. Mr. Briggs had previous roles at Ashton-Potter, M&T Bank and Ernst & Young LLP. He holds a degree in finance and economics from Cornell University.
- Delegate Ned Carey, District 31A, Anne Arundel County
- Loretta Eggleston, Chairperson of Trustees & Shop Steward, Boilermakers Local S 50
- Suzy Ganz, CEO, Lion Brothers
- Joanie Gerber, President, Bikle Manufacturing
- Senator Katherine Klausmeier, District 8, Baltimore County
- Saundra Lamb, President, Semforex
- Dr. Willie E. May, Vice President, Research and Economic Development & Professor of Chemistry, Morgan State University
- Patrick Nolan, VP and General Manager, Northrop Grumman
- Bobby Patton, CEO, Patton Electronics
- Christine Ross, CEO, Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Tom Sanders, Owner & Managing Director, Coherent Technical Services (CTSI)
- Scott Simmons, VP NA Supply Chain, McCormick & Co.
- Jim Strong, Sub-District Director, United Steelworkers District 8
- Phil Tulkoff, President, Tulkoff Food Products
Craig Wanner, President & CEO, The Whalen Company
- Kelly M. Schulz; Secretary of Commerce
, Manufacturing Program Manager
Office of Strategic Industries & Entrepreneurship
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Thursday, March 28, 2019, 9 am -11 am.Meeting agenda. Vulcan Food Equipment, 3600 North Point Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21222.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 9 am -11 am.Meeting Agenda |Meeting Minutes. Stanley Black & Decker, 8844 Orchard Tree Lane, Towson, MD 21286.
- Monday, September 17, 9 am - 11 am.Meeting Agenda |
Meeting Minutes. Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO). 7021 Columbia Gateway Drive, #200. Columbia, MD 21046.
- Friday, June 29, 2018, 8 am - 11 am.Meeting Agenda |
Meeting Minutes. University of Maryland Fraunhofer Institute, 5825 University Research Court, Suite 1300, College Park, MD 20740.
- Thursday, March 29, 2018, 8 am to 11 am.Meeting Agenda |
Meeting Minutes. McCormick & Company Hunt Valley Plant
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017,
9:30 am - 11:30 am.Meeting Agenda |Meeting Minutes. TIC Gums, Inc., 10552 Philadelphia Rd, White Marsh, MD 21162
Monday, September 25, 2017, 8:30 am - 10:30 am.Meeting Minutes. World Trade Center Baltimore, 401 East Pratt Street, 17th Floor Conference Room, Baltimore, MD 21202