The mission of the Maryland Manufacturing Advisory Board is to advise the Maryland Secretary of Commerce on ways to encourage new and expanding manufacturing enterprises in Maryland, reporting to the Governor and General Assembly accordingly.
Brian D. Briggs is President of TIC Gums, Inc. after previously serving on the Board of Directors and holding positions of COO and CFO. Mr. Briggs has more than 25 years of financial and operations experience in profitably building companies in both the public and private equity sectors, with a focus on operational excellence and M&A activity.
Prior to TIC, he was the CFO of Cyren, a leading international Internet security firm and worked with Sterling Capital Partners as Executive Vice President and CFO of portfolio company, SecureNet, a payment processing technology provider. Mr. Briggs also served as Executive Vice President and CFO of Custom Direct, Inc. leading the company through a series of acquisitions and an eventual IPO. Mr. Briggs had previous roles at Ashton-Potter, M&T Bank and Ernst & Young LLP. He holds a degree in finance and economics from Cornell University.
- Delegate Ned Carey, District 31A, Anne Arundel County
- Suzy Ganz, CEO, Lion Brothers
- Joanie Gerber, President, Bikle Manufacturing
- Senator Katherine Klausmeier, District 8, Baltimore County
- Saundra Lamb, President, Semforex
- Dr. Willie E. May, Director of Major Research and and Training Initiatives, College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences, University of Maryland College Park
- Bobby Patton, CEO, Patton Electronics
- Christine Ross, CEO, Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Tom Sanders, Owner & Managing Director, Coherent Technical Services (CTSI)
- Scott Simmons, VP NA Supply Chain, McCormick & Co.
- Jim Strong, Sub-District Director, United Steelworkers District 8
- Phil Tulkoff, President, Tulkoff Food Products
- R. Michael Gill, Sr.; Secretary of Commerce
, Manufacturing Program Manager
Office of Strategic Industries & Entrepreneurship
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
September 25, 2017, 8:30 - 10:30 am.Agenda. 17th Floor Conference Room, World Trade Center, 401 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202