The Maryland Public Art Commission implements Maryland's formal public art program through sculptures, murals and other works in an effort to enhance the cultural landscape of Maryland communities. Created in 2005 and comprised of 12 members.
Catherine Sharp Leggett serves as the first chair of the Maryland Public Art Commission. Mrs. Leggett is senior vice president of human resources at the nonprofit International City/County Management Association. She is also a former Maryland State Arts Councilor and previous director of the Young Audiences Imagination Stage and the Montgomery County Arts and Humanities Council.
- Randall Griffin, Howard County
- Kathy O'Dell, Baltimore County
- Liling Tien, Baltimore County
- Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., Senator, 18th District
- Elizabeth Hughes, Maryland Historical Trust
- Nancy Kurtz, Designee
- Elaine Bachman, Maryland State Archives
- Anne Klase, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of Comptroller
, Maryland Public Arts Program Director
410-767-6544Maryland State Arts Council
175 W. Ostend Street
Baltimore, MD, 21230
The Maryland Public Art Commission's latest meeting was on January 18, 2018.Agenda.
Meeting Minutes Archive