The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee Maryland Commerce's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
Maryland Economic Development Commission members meet with Governor Hogan in Annapolis. View more MEDC photos in the Governor's photo gallery.
Anirban Basu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Sage Policy Group (SPG), is one of the Mid-Atlantic region's leading economic consultants. Prior to founding SPG he was Chairman and CEO of Optimal Solutions Group, a company he co-founded and which continues to operate. Anirban has also served as Director of Applied Economics and Senior Economist for RESI.
Mr. Basu has written several high-profile economic development strategies, including co-authoring economic development strategies for Baltimore City and Baltimore County, Maryland. He earned a Masters in Public Policy from Harvard University, a Bachelors in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and his J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law.
- Martin Brunk, CPA; MEDC Vice-Chair; Office Managing Partner, McGladrey, LLP
- Kenneth R. Banks; President, CEO and Founder, Banks Contracting Company, Inc.
- Howard B. Bowen; CEO of Ewing Oil Company
- James T. Brady; Board Member of Dunbar Armored, Inc., and former Secretary of Maryland Department of Commerce
- Raymond J. Briscuso, Jr.; Executive with MedTech Conference Partners
- Ed Coleman; Retired Chairman and CEO, Unisys Corporation
- Annemarie Dickerson; Owner, Francis Scott Key Family Resort
- Edward M. Dunn; CEO of American Mechanical Services
- Joshua Greene; Partner, Squire Patton Briggs
- Timothy Hodge; Principal, Miles & Stockbridge
- Martin Knott, Jr.; CEO, Knott Mechanical
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Ricardo Martinez; President/CEO, Project Enhancement Corp.
- Aris Melissaratos; Dean, Brown School of Business and Leadership, Stevenson University, and former Secretary of Maryland Department of Commerce
- Michael G. Milller; CEO, OGOS Energy
- Laura Neuman, former Anne Arundel County Executive
- Brian C. Rogers; Chairman of T. Rowe Price Group
- Susan Schwab; Professor, University of Maryland
- A. Nayab Siddiqui; President, Scientific Systems & Software International Corporation
- Robert Smelkinson; Chairman (retired), Smelkinson Sysco Food Services, Inc.
- Brenda A. Smith; Executive Director, The Greater Cumberland Committee
- Harold Stinger; Chairman of the Board, Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), Inc.
- Robert L. Wallace; President and Chief Executive Officer of Bith Group Technologies
- Julian B. Wills, Jr.; Chairman, President and CEO of The Wills Group, Inc.
- R. Michael Gill, Sr.; Secretary of Commerce
- Benjamin F. Kramer; House of Delegates, District 19, Montgomery County
- Brian J. Feldman; Senate, District 15, Montgomery County
- Kelly Schulz; Secretary of Maryland Department of Labor Licencing & Regulation (DLLR)
- Robert Brennan; Executive Director of Maryland Economic Development Coporation (MEDCO)
- Robert Rosenbaum; President & Executive Director of Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO)
Julie Woepke, Executive Director
Maryland Economic Development Commission
Office of the Secretary
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Monday, February 1, 2016
- Thursday, May 19, 2016
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Locations to be determined.