The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee Maryland Commerce's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
Download the MEDC Strategic Plan - Progress Report and Scorecard 2017
Maryland Economic Development Commission members meet with Governor Hogan in Annapolis. View more MEDC photos in the Governor's photo gallery.
Anirban Basu, Chairman and CEO of the Sage Policy Group (SPG), is one of the Mid-Atlantic region's leading economic consultants. Prior to founding SPG he was Chairman and CEO of Optimal Solutions Group, a company he co-founded and which continues to operate. Anirban has also served as Director of Applied Economics and Senior Economist for RESI.
Mr. Basu has written several high-profile economic development strategies, including co-authoring economic development strategies for Baltimore City and Baltimore County, Maryland. He earned a Masters in Public Policy from Harvard University, a Bachelors in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and his J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law.
Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh (center) was a guest at the March 1, 2017 MEDC meeting.
View more photos of the meeting on our Flickr page.
- Martin Brunk, CPA; MEDC Vice-Chair; Office Managing Partner, RSM US, LLP
- Kenneth R. Banks; President, CEO and Founder, Banks Contracting Company, Inc.
- Howard Blackwell Bowen; CEO, Ewing Oil Company, Inc.
- James T. Brady; Board Member of Dunbar Armored, Inc., and former Secretary of Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development
- Raymond J. Briscuso, Jr.; Executive with MedTech Conference Partners
- Ed Coleman; CEO, CIOX Health
- Annemarie Dickerson; Owner, Francis Scott Key Family Resort
- Edward M. Dunn; CEO of American Mechanical Services
- Joshua C. Greene; Vice President, A.O. Smith Corporation
- Kai Hirabayashi; Senior Government Affairs Representative, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Martin Knott; President, Knott Mechanical, Inc.
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Julie Lenzer; Associate Vice President, Economic Development, Co-Director, UM Ventures
- Aris Melissaratos; Dean, Brown School of Business and Leadership, Stevenson University, and former Secretary of Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development
- Michael Miller, President, OGOS Energy, LLC
- Laura Neuman; former Anne Arundel County Executive
- Jeanette Glose Partlow; President, Maryland Chemical Company, Inc.
- Elizabeth Rendón-Sherman; CEO/CFO, LG-TEK
- Brian Rogers; Chairman and CIO, T. Rowe Price Group
- Susan Schwab; Professor, University of Maryland and Strategic Advisor, Mayer, Brown, LLP
- Brenda A. Smith; Executive Director, The Greater Cumberland Committee
- Robert L. Wallace; President and CEO, BITHGROUP Technologies
- J. Blacklock Wills, Jr.; Chairman, President and CEO of The Wills Group, Inc.
- Margaret Wood, Art.D.; President/CEO, WOOD Consulting Services, Inc.
- R. Michael Gill, Sr.; Secretary of Commerce
- Benjamin F. Kramer; House of Delegates, District 19, Montgomery County
- Brian J. Feldman; Senate, District 15, Montgomery County
Kelly Schulz; Secretary of Maryland Department of Labor Licensing & Regulation (DLLR)
Robert Brennan; Executive Director of Maryland Economic Development Corporation (MEDCO)
George Davis, CEO, Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO)
Julie Woepke, Executive Director
Maryland Economic Development Commission
Office of the Secretary
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
2018 Meeting Dates
- May 31, 2018
- September 5, 2018
- December 6, 2018