The LSAB was created by the legislature in 2007 to assist in maintaining Maryland’s preeminence in the life sciences industry. Comprised of 18 members, the Board includes the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Commerce, a representative designated by the Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) and 16 members appointed by the Governor.
Jay A. Perman, MD, became the fifth chancellor of the University System of Maryland (USM) in January 2020. Prior to this appointment, Dr. Perman, a pediatric gastroenterologist, served as president of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) for nearly a decade.
As UMB president, Dr. Perman strengthened that institution's ties to the city of Baltimore, growing innovation-based economic development and spearheading programs to improve the health and well-being of UMB's closest neighbors. As chancellor, Dr. Perman has committed to advancing higher education affordability for all students in Maryland. He also plans to build on USM's reputation for educational innovation, particularly in research, economic development, and community engagement.
Dr. Perman first came to UMB in 1999 as chair of the School of Medicine's Department of Pediatrics. He left Baltimore in 2004 for the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, where he was dean and vice president for clinical affairs. Dr. Perman received a Doctor of Medicine Degree with Distinction from Northwestern University. He completed a fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at Harvard Medical School and at the Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston.
R. Michael Gill - Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
Arti Santhanam, PhD - Executive Director, Maryland Innovation Initiative, Maryland Technology Development Corporation
- Vice Chair: Bob Storey - Managing Director, The MVR Company; Managing Director, The LaunchPort™
- Richard A. Bendis - President and CEO, BioHealth Innovation Inc.
Jesse Christopher, MBA - CEO, Longeviti Neuro Solutions
Rebecca Fisher, PhD - Deputy Director, Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs, U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command
- Edward E. C. Margerrison, PhD - Director, Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Mark G. Mortenson, JD - CSO, Clene Nanomedicine
- Sanjay K. Rai, PhD - Chief Academic Officer and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Montgomery College
- Deborah D. Ricker, PhD - Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Hood College
- KaShauna G. Rohlehr, MBA - Associate Director for Alliance, Program and Project Management, GlaxoSmithKline
Martin Rosendale - CEO, Maryland Technology Council
Michael Weingarten - Director, SBIR Development Center, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health
Ellington West - CEO and Co-founder, Sonavi Labs, Inc.
Christy Wyskiel - Senior Advisor to the President and Head of Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures, Johns Hopkins University
Ulyana V. Desiderio, PhD
Director, Life Sciences
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street, 17th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Sept. 14, 2022
Noon - 2 p.m.
World Trade Center
401 E. Pratt Street
17th Floor, Conference Room 1746
Baltimore, MD 21202
June 2, 2021, 2 - 4 p.m. Meeting Agenda |
March 1, 2021, 1 - 3 p.m. Meeting Agenda |
November 20, 2020, 1 - 3 p.m. Meeting Agenda |
- September 9, 2020, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.Meeting Agenda. |
- May 15, 2020, 10- 11:30 a.m.Meeting Agenda |Meeting Minutes. Via Google Meet.
- June 19, 2019, 9:30 a.m.Meeting Minutes |Meeting Agenda. Rye Street Tavern, 2nd Floor, 13 Rye Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21230.
- November 30, 2018, 1 p.m.Meeting Minutes |Meeting Agenda. The University of Maryland, Saratoga Building, 220 N. Arch Street, 14th Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
- May 15, 2018, 9 a.m.Meeting Minutes |Meeting Agenda. Maryland Department of Commerce, 17th Floor, 401 E. Pratt Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202.
- December 19, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Meeting via conference call.Meeting Minutes |Meeting Agenda. 7th floor Conference Room, Maryland Department of Commerce, 401 E Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD, 21202.
- October 23, 2017, 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Meeting Minutes |Meeting Agenda. University of Maryland, Baltimore BioPark, 801 West Baltimore Street, Invent and Advance Room, Baltimore, MD 21202
- April 10, 2017, 12 - 3:30 p.m.
Meeting Minutes |
Meeting Agenda. Johns Hopkins FastForward, Suite 110, 1812 Ashland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205.
- December 6, 2016, 9 - 11:30 a.m.
Meeting Minutes |Meeting Agenda. Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology Research (IBBR), University of Maryland, Room A101, 9600 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
- October 31, 2016, 12:45 - 4:15 p.m.
Meeting Minutes |Meeting Agenda. Montgomery College - Germantown Campus, Bioscience Education Building Room 151, Germantown, MD 20876.