The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee Maryland Commerce's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
Maryland Economic Development Commission members met at FastForward U — Johns Hopkins University's hub for student entrepreneurship and innovation —on March 15, 2019. View archive MEDC photos on our Flickr page.
- Margaret Wood, Art.D. (Vice-Chair); President/CEO, WOOD Consulting Services, Inc.
- Kenneth R. Banks; President, CEO and Founder, Banks Contracting Company, Inc.
- Howard Blackwell Bowen; CEO, Ewing Oil Company, Inc.
- Scott Burger, CEO, Classic Brands, LLC
- Augie Chiasera, Regional President, M&T Bank
- Ed Coleman; Board Member, CIOX Health
- Annemarie Dickerson; Former Owner, Francis Scott Key Family Resort
- Kai Hirabayashi; Senior Manager of Public Policy, Amazon
- Arnold Jablon, Senior Counsel, Venable, LLP
- Gwen McCall, President, F&L Construction and Solid Waste, LLC
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Julie Lenzer; Associate Vice President, Economic Development, Co-Director, UM Ventures
- Aris Melissaratos; Vice President of Corporate Education & Leadership Development, St. John Properties
- Michael Miller, President, OGOS Energy, LLC
- Laura Neuman; Entrepreneur
- Jeanette Glose Partlow; President, Maryland Chemical Company, Inc.
- Leon Pinkett, III, Executive Director, Baltimore Arts Realty Corporation (BARCO)
- Saif Rehman, PhD, CEO, NextGen Consulting, Inc.
- Elizabeth Rendón-Sherman; CEO/CFO, LG-TEK
- Gary Ruddell, CEO, President, Total Biz Fulfillment, Inc.
- Paul Silber, PhD, Principal, Blu Venture Investors
- Eugene Silverman, PhD, Founder and President, Berkley Springs Instruments
- Geoffrey Turner, President/CEO, Choptank Transport, Inc.
- Robert L. Wallace; President and CEO, BITHGROUP Technologies
- Kelly M. Schulz, Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Brian J. Feldman, Senate, District 15, Montgomery County
- Brian Crosby, Delegate, District 29B, St. Mary's County
Tiffany Robinson, Secretary of Maryland Department of Labor
Robert Brennan, Executive Director of Maryland Economic Development Corporation (MEDCO)
- Linda Singh, PhD, Executive Director/CEO Major General (retired), Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO)
Julie Woepke, Executive Director
Maryland Economic Development Commission
Office of the Secretary
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
- March 26, 2021Meeting Agenda
- June 14, 2021
- September 13, 2021
- December 6, 2021
Note: Some locations and times are to be determined.
- December 14, 2020
- July 27, 2020
- May 8, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- December 9, 2019
- September 17, 2019
June 13, 2019
March 15, 2019
December 6, 2018
May 31, 2018
March 1, 2018
December 13, 2017
October 19, 2017
May 9, 2017
March 1, 2017
December 2, 2016
- September 13, 2016