The mission of the Maryland Economic Development Commission is to establish economic development policy in the State and to oversee Maryland Commerce's efforts to support the creation, attraction and retention of businesses and jobs. Founded in 1995, the 25 voting member Commission draws upon the expertise of the State's business leaders to inform State economic development efforts by providing a comprehensive evaluation of the State's business climate and recommending to the Governor the policies, programs and spending priorities needed.
Download the MEDC Strategic Plan - Progress Report and Scorecard 2018 |
Maryland Economic Development Commission members met at FastForward U — Johns Hopkins University's hub for student entrepreneurship and innovation —on March 15, 2019. View archive MEDC photos on our Flickr page.
Anirban Basu, Chairman and CEO of the Sage Policy Group (SPG), is one of the Mid-Atlantic region's leading economic consultants. Prior to founding SPG he was Chairman and CEO of Optimal Solutions Group, a company he co-founded and which continues to operate. Anirban has also served as Director of Applied Economics and Senior Economist for RESI.
Mr. Basu has written several high-profile economic development strategies, including co-authoring economic development strategies for Baltimore City and Baltimore County, Maryland. He earned a Masters in Public Policy from Harvard University, a Bachelors in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and his J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law.
- Martin Brunk, CPA; MEDC Vice-Chair; Office Managing Partner, RSM US, LLP
- Kenneth R. Banks; President, CEO and Founder, Banks Contracting Company, Inc.
- Howard Blackwell Bowen; CEO, Ewing Oil Company, Inc.
- Scott Burger, CEO, Lolli and Pops
- Ed Coleman; Board Member, CIOX Health
- Annemarie Dickerson; Owner, Francis Scott Key Family Resort
- Edward M. Dunn; CEO of American Mechanical Services
- Joshua C. Greene; Vice President, A.O. Smith Corporation
- Kai Hirabayashi; Senior Government Affairs Representative, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Martin Knott; President, Knott Mechanical, Inc.
- Manish Kothari; President/CEO, Sheladia Associates, Inc.
- Julie Lenzer; Associate Vice President, Economic Development, Co-Director, UM Ventures
- Aris Melissaratos; Former Secretary, Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development
- Michael Miller, President, OGOS Energy, LLC
- Laura Neuman; Entrepreneur
- Jeanette Glose Partlow; President, Maryland Chemical Company, Inc.
- Elizabeth Rendón-Sherman; CEO/CFO, LG-TEK
- Susan Schwab; Professor, University of Maryland and Strategic Advisor, Mayer, Brown, LLP
- Robert L. Wallace; President and CEO, BITHGROUP Technologies
- J. Blacklock Wills, Jr.; Chairman, President and CEO of The Wills Group, Inc.
- Margaret Wood, Art.D.; President/CEO, WOOD Consulting Services, Inc.
- Kelly M. Schulz, Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Brian J. Feldman, Senate, District 15, Montgomery County
- Brian Crosby, Delegate, District 29B, St. Mary's County
Tiffany Robinson, Secretary of Maryland Department of Labor
Robert Brennan, Executive Director of Maryland Economic Development Corporation (MEDCO)
Stephen Auvil, Executive VP - Operations & Programs, Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO)
Julie Woepke, Executive Director
Maryland Economic Development Commission
Office of the Secretary
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
September 17, 2019, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.Meeting Agenda. Governor's Reception Room, 100 State Circle, Annapolis, MD.
December 9, 2019, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Location TBD.
June 13, 2019
March 15, 2019
December 6, 2018
May 31, 2018
March 1, 2018
December 13, 2017
October 19, 2017
May 9, 2017
March 1, 2017
December 2, 2016
- September 13, 2016