The Task Force's duties are to study the current economic conditions of Western Maryland and make recommendations regarding potential methods for the improvement of the economies of Allegany County, Garrett County, and Washington County.
These recommendations will include opportunities to expand economic activity in technology–based industry, including biotechnology, cybersecurity, energy and energy storage, transportation and logistics, and advanced manufacturing; opportunities to strengthen tourism–related businesses in Western Maryland; and strategies to overcome barriers to the creation and expansion of new small businesses in Western Maryland.
The Task Force is required to make a report of its conclusions to the Governor and General Assembly on or before January 1, 2021.
- Maryland Senator George Edwards (Co-Chair)
- Maryland Delegate Jason Buckel (Co-Chair)
- Nicole Christian, President and CEO, Garrett County Chamber of Commerce
- Stu Czapski, Executive Director, Allegany County Chamber of Commerce
- Al Delia, Vice President for Economic and Regional Engagement, Frostburg State University
- Paul Frey, President and CEO, Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Shelley McIntire, Hagerstown City Council Member, Maryland Municipal League (MML)
- Cort Meinelschmidt, Washington County Commissioner, Maryland Association of Counties (MACO)
- Jake Shade, Allegany County Commissioner and TCCWM Board Member, Tri-County Council for Western Maryland
- Andrew Sargent, Sr. Business Development Representative, Western MD, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Jody Sprinkle, TEDCO
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Check back for upcoming meetings.