The Board's mission is to guide activities to develop and market the state as a destination. Created in 1993, board members are appointed by the Governor and includes hospitality industry executives from attraction, retail, food service, transportation and lodging sectors.
A past president of the Ocean City Hotel-Motel-Restaurant Association, Greg Shockley opened Shenanigan's Irish Pub 20 years ago. He is a founding member of Ocean City's Boardwalk Development Association, president of the Ocean City Development Corporation and a former member of the Restaurant Association of Maryland's board of directors.
- David Meloy; Secretary/Treasurer, President, Merit Hotel Group
- Rick Howarth; Vice Chair-Attractions, Park President, Six Flags America
- Judy Bixler; Vice Chair-Transportation, Owner/Captain, Oxford Bellevue Ferry
- Anthony Cohen; President, The Menare Foundation, Inc.
- Adolph Ebersberger, Jr.; Insurance and Financial Specialist (Retired)
- John Fieseler; Executive Director, Tourism Council of Frederick County, Inc.
- Patricia Heffelfinger; Executive Director, Maryland Soccer Foundation
- Alice Lloyd; Owner, Bartlett Pear Inn
- Matthew Neitzey; Executive Director, Prince George's County CVB
- Heather Renz; Director of Marketing, Big Steaks Management
- Vira Safai; Managing Partner, Comfort Inn Shady Grove
- Victor A. Sulin; Attorney at Law (Retired)
- John C. Astle; Senator, District 30, Maryland State Senate
- Wendell R. Beitzel; Delegate, District 1A, Maryland House of Delegates
- Pamela G. Beidle; Delegate, District 32, Maryland House of Delegates
- James N. Mathias, Jr.; Senator, District 38, Maryland State Senate
, Division of Tourism, Film & the Arts
Maryland Department of Commerce
401 E. Pratt Street, 1461
Baltimore, MD 21202