The Council was created by the General Assembly in 2015 to advise the Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review on the potential economic impact proposed regulations may have on small businesses.
Comprised of eight members, the Advisory Council includes: the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Commerce; one department secretary with experience in the regulatory process, appointed by the Governor; one member of the Senate, appointed by the President of the Senate; one member of the House, appointed by the Speaker of the House; two small business owners, one minority business enterprise owner, and one women’s business enterprise owner, with two appointed by the President of the Senate and two appointed by the Speaker of the House.
BOARD MEMBERSAppointed Members
- Ellington Churchill, Jr., Secretary, Department of General Services
- Senator James DeGrange
- House Delegate Benjamin Brooks
- Steve Samaras, Zachary Jewelers
- Michael Whitson, Metrocast
- Leslie Goodwyn, SpeedPro Imaging
- Claudia Towles, aMuse Toys
- R. Michael Gill, Chair, Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
To confirm date, time and agenda, please contact Malachy Rice, Division of Policy & Government Affairs, at 410-767-2201.
- Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:30 pm.Meeting Agenda. Bentley Conference Room, Maryland Department of Transportation Headquarters, 7201 Corporate Center Drive, Hanover, Maryland.
- Thursday, May 25, 2017, 3:00 pm.Meeting Minutes. Neal Conference Room, James Senate Building, Annapolis, MD. Meeting subject: Options for Reducing Regulatory Burdens Small Businesses.
- February 13, 2017, 3:30 pm.Meeting Minutes. Neal Conference Room, James Senate Office Building, Annapolis, MD
For more information about the Advisory Council on the Impact of Regulations on Small Businesses, contact:
Malachy Rice, Regulation Analyst
Maryland Department of Commerce, Division of Policy & Government Affairs